Welcome Thread ... say hello!

Hey everyone,

I’m Jake, I’m hoping to get into OS dev. It’s been a dream of mine for a few years now, and I’ve been (slowly, for sure) building up my knowledge of how OSs work by exploring Linux and the like, and as I came across Redox, I just had to try it, so I’m in the process of building it, and reading over the code.

I’d call myself a competent programmer (no formal work experience though, I’m a hobbyist at best) and am in the process of learning Rust, hoping to wrap my head around it all.

Can’t wait to understand it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello,

my name is Matthias and I live in Germany. Redox is one of the most exciting projects I am reading about. This may be personal taste, but the pioneers of IT have always had a microkernel in mind as far as I know.

Professionally, I would rather be able to integrate firewalls on a secure system yesterday than tomorrow.

Thanks for the terrific work Redox team.
Kind regards to all
Matthias

1 Like

Hi all,

My name is Soya Ohnishi.

I am very interested in Rust and system programming.
Redox is one of the most excited project, so I want to contribute as far as I can.
I do not know about OS internals very well though, I want to get more knowledge about there through this contribution.

Thanks
Soya Ohnishi.

Hi.

My name is Alberto, I’m a Brazillian open-source enthusiast and operating systems researcher who started to contribute for Redox this year with love, but I follow this project since 2017.

Actually I’m the Redox Community Manager and did several contributions to the website, book and scripts, I’m still learning Redox and I will help you with my discoveries.

As Redox is close to the 1.0 release, we will see many years of hard work become reality with this ambitious/cleaned OS with killer? features, like Rust.

Thanks for your attention, you can contact me on these services:

Matrix - draft_isa:matrix.org
Telegram - hatred_45
Discord - Pierre#1392
GitHub - hatredBSDk

Hi

My name is Vinnie. Principal engineer with a fair bit of C/C++ and Embedded Development experience (low level hardware and software development). I started writing my own OS in Rust as well, but rather than go at it alone, I’m looking if I can get involved with a project that has similar goals.

I’m really most interested in higher level design concepts such as Configuration Management, Disaster Recovery and Security as it relates to and inform OS Design. Though I am happy to cut code, I generally believe in good design first before punching keys so to speak. Not sure who the best people in the group are to speak to regarding this effort, so please say hello :slight_smile:

Cheers
-Vinnie

Welcome! you can join on the Matrix chat on this link, as this forum is archived.

I’m John Coonrod - I’ve been coding in assembly and various languages since 1969, and only recently have dones some work in Rust. I’ve been following Redox-OS and would very much like to get it running on mini-PCs, so getting it to work with a USB Keyboard and Mouse would be a first step - I’ve seen a driver in the code – and I know drivers should work in userspace - but I need to learn how to actually get that driver to work on a bootable image.