Https://www.sifive.com/boards/hifive-unmatched

I know I’m just a fanboy without any ability to help the project, but I gotta say, I think this looks pretty interesting. Innovative OS with an innovative processor.

1 Like

From http://osblog.stephenmarz.com/

RISC-V (“risk five”) and the Rust programming language both start with an R, so naturally they fit together. In this blog, we will write an operating system targeting the RISC-V architecture in Rust (mostly).

Nice to see another SiFive board is out. It looks better and cheaper than the Unleashed.

Risc-V definitely seems one t watch, and may perhaps lead one day to similar efficiency Apple users are supposed to get with that firm’s custom silicon. Like you am an armchair follower of the various projects, so welcome on the forum!

If I might be so bold to say, the link as a post title looks messy, you could tidy your post by put the link in the message body, and edit the subject line of your post (are you suggesting a risc-V port of Redox, or discussing that hardware in general?)

Good points. I probably should have had a different title, but it seems too late to change it now. But yes, I was trying to talk about porting Redox to RISC-V, but as a mere fanboy, I don’t want to be pushy about it. I know that there are higher priorities for Redox.